Birds are vertebrates with adapted bodies for flying.
CHARACTERISTICS OF BIRDS:
- Their upper limbs take the form of wings. Most of birds fly but others, like penguins and ostriches, can not.
- Their bodies,except their legs, are covered with feathers.
- Birds have a constant body temperature. their feathers help them to maintain their body heat.
- They breathe through their lungs and they have hard jaws that form a beak.
- They are born from an egg, so they are oviparous. The males make nests for the females to lay their eggs in.